About Me             Recipe Index             Contact

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Chewy, Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies

IMG_0152

Oops, I did it again. The Britney-loving ten year old in me giggled as soon as I typed that. Just when I thought I got the hang of this posting regularly thing, life sneaks up on me and smacks me right in the face. The retail nightmare that is the Holidays isn't much help either, but with a little push from a couple of friends and my wonderful boyfriend -there hopefully won't be anymore excuses.

I feel like it was just yesterday I was up in the snowy north, hopping out of the shop on a late night to find Bryce standing next to our car with an unfamiliar object tied to the roof. It was our very first Christmas tree! There was a sheet of white snow covering the entire parking lot and the three layers of clothing I had on did not stand a chance against the blistering wind. It was all very magical until we got home and realized Mushroom kept trying to pee on the tree thinking he had suddenly teleported outside. Now we're suddenly saying the "C" word again and i've traded my legwarmers and boots for a light cardigan and flip flops. Oh, how i missed you Florida. And even though you are more my type, I do have a special place in my heart for my winter wonderland experience and all the people that I got to share such wonderful moments with.

Anyways.
I'm back with a vengeance, a thick chewy chocolatey vengeance. And yes, I'm talking about Chocolate Chip cookies. I refuse to let this place go on any longer without such a classic never-fail recipe and to make it even better, I will do this the step by step method. Which is kind of unnecessary on such a simple recipe. I really just needed another excuse to take more pictures. Haha.

Chewy, Chunky Chocolate Chip Cookies
(click here for Printable Version)
From Allrecipes
About 20 servings


2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips



IMG_0062
First, I bring out Mixy as well as all my ingredients.

IMG_0066
Looks like someone was just as excited about baking as I was.

IMG_0067
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.

IMG_0069IMG_0072
Set aside.

IMG_0074
IMG_0075
Melt your butter and make sure your eggs are out.

IMG_0091
In a separate bowl(or mixer bowl) cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.

IMG_0088
Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy.

IMG_0093
Should look like this.

IMG_0095
Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Don't over mix.

IMG_0098


IMG_0105
Fold in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.

IMG_0107 copy
Put in fridge for about 30 minutes.

IMG_0108
In the meantime, I like to do the not so fun part and wash everything. I am slightly OCD.
By the time I'm done with this, I preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) and line my cookie sheets with parchment paper.

IMG_0114
Take dough out of the refrigerator and drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.

IMG_0120
Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

And Ta-Dah!

IMG_0177


Love,
Kitty

1 comment: